Meredith (Mendy) calls herself an inquisitive life enthusiast, a perennial student and keen meditator, who values deep connection and collaborative engagement. She is passionate about working with people to develop inclusive solutions with empathy and respect for the individuals involved as well as for the creative process.
Mendy is a future-thinker, who regularly challenges herself to think differently and think more about the future. She is driven to help create a more inclusive, insightful and integrative politics in Australia.
Born in Bairnsdale and raised in the beautiful farming community of Fernbank, Mendy moved to Melbourne to pursue education and training before returning to the district in 1982 to live and work and raise her own family with husband John.
“It is a great gift to be born a human being.
There is no greater challenge than to live as though you are aware of that.”
EXPERIENCE AND ACTIVITIES
- An elected member of local government 2005-2012
- Held three-terms as Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council, 2006 - 2009
- Completed a MBA (Master of Business Administration) and MSF (Master of Strategic Foresight) at Swinburne University of Technology in 2015.
- Current President of women4evolution, a registered not-for-profit in the USA supporting cultural development through women’s project initiatives.
- Current Board Member, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- Member of the Committee of Management of the social enterprise, Bairnsdale Recycling Enterprise inc
- A past nurse and midwife, community nurse, indigenous health and palliative care practitioner.